November 24, 2007

why me?

End of a very nice day, I was dreaming to see one the new 7 wonders of the world "petra" ! but my Indian passport and the super fast visa service of Jordan stopped me from doing it. Thats why here I am sitting in this beach, desperatly staring at Jordon just in opposite shore and uploading pics and updating my blog... well every dog has its day! may be this is just a small pause for the exciting days to come....I am sure, I will arrange some thing exciting to do today till i wait for the diatomics team to come back from petra.... major selfdiscoveries are made in the loneliness....as the famous french writer says....
"Here I possessed nothing in the world. I was no more than a mortal strayed between sand and stars,... and yet I discovered myself filled with dreams."
-Antoine de Saint Exupéry

2 comments:

MrM said...

Aaaaaaaaaah,
That is my favourite quote from my favourite book. Ever. And funnily enough, this sentence also was made into the title of the book in German. "Terre des Hommes" (roughly: The Earth of Mankind) was translated into "Wind, Sand und Sterne" (wind, sand and stars) in German. I could wikipedia this and check what the book is called in English, but am too lazy to.
To everyone: read it! It is one of the most amazing pieces of world literature, full of wisdom, understanding and love for mankind, and the world. It changed my life, or at least my perception of things and people... thanks for quoting it Uma, and have fun in Israel... introspection can indeed be most formidable a journey!!!
And come back safe!

Uma Maheswari said...

thanks for the info my dear! waiting to tell more stories!