March 30, 2006

'She' Diatom Sharks!!

The Diatom meeting in walnut creek was very rewarding, the Diatom community scientist were very enthusiastic , filled with positive attitude. Among the big scientist (the Diatom sharks ), the women scientists were dominating the meeting, which is bit very rare to see in the science congresses. I guess its still a bit of a struggle for a women to dedicate her time for science. As a School kid, when I read the biography of Marie Curie, I was surprised to read about how she managed science and family together, today doing my research in the same street, where she was working to get her two Nobel prizes, makes me feel proud. Here are few pictures taken during the meeting, thats me, a little Diatom fella with Big Diatom Sharks in the Bay Area.

No comments: