September 20, 2008

Time for Murphy's Law!

My life is always lawful, meaning it keeps following some law or the other. Right now it is the time for Murphy's Law. Ok! Now thats the map of my locality, approximately one sq. km. and the dots on them are showing the Velib stations, this very wonderful automated bike rental system of Paris. Follow this Wikipedia link to know about the nice facts and figures of this service. I wish every town gets this service. I have enjoyed velib from time to time before, now that my bike got stolen, I took one week subscription (the maximum subscription who can take instantly). Now back to the Murphy’s law! Out of this 1000+ rental bikes in my locality, believe it or not! I never got one when I needed it the most in the last 5 days, I have to walk at least more than a km to get one and to park one!

“I never had a slice of bread,
Particularly large and wide,
That did not fall upon the floor,
And always on the buttered side.”

No comments: