February 08, 2006

Meet Micha...

Sometime in our life we meet some people, and just know for a short term, but feel as if ‘Janam Janam ka Bhandan ho!’ (A Hindi Slang used to say that you know a person from previous birth)! The one in the photo, Micha is one like that for me. Well! If you think that he look like an intellectual in the photo, then you are very correct! After a long time, got a friend who treats me like a kid with tender care and affection, I feel so cozy in his presence, and makes me revisit my childhood. As I was discussing about the incompleteness and a bit of arrogance in Invictus with him, he quoted me this nice Poem ‘IF’ by Rudyard Kipling. The following is my favorite lines from the poem.

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;


My friend Ahamar gave a beautiful definition for poetry!
“Poetry is a manifestation of personal thought and mood put forward by profound and powerful words that is often an outcome of the poet’s emotions and feelings transformed through words. Good poetry is not weaved or made up, it’s like love, it is not made to please or impress anyone, the moment it is it becomes synthetic and commercial”.

I love the comparison of ‘Poetry’ and ‘Love', two beautiful manifestation of emotion,which can stand the tough test of time. If you have taken a road, not traveled by many and often feel lost in a foreign land, then all you need is lucky enough to have good friends around! Touch wood. I am lucky!

1 comment:

Uma Maheswari said...

Thanks a lot for your comment Tess! I did convey your thanks to Micha. People filled with positive thoughts do radiate positive energy around.Nice to know that you felt it in the same way as me! Best Wishes to you!