June 13, 2007

My Name is....

Hai! I am Uma…Uma? What does it mean? It’s a name of an Indian goddess Parvathi; she is goddess of “courage/bravery” and she is considered to be the mother and ultimate source of energy for the universe! Uma Thurman was named after this goddess, (her father was an archaeologist, worked in Asia I guess) that’s the story I was telling all these days to the people, who ask me to explain my name! But guess, what I read about my name today!

Oh! My God! When people call me by name, that’s what they mean? Ok..Let’s forget this! We didn’t see this site nor did we read this! I will stick on to my old stories...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So actually your name means flax... hm, hm. Much more prosaic all of a sudden, dear Mrs. Goddess! I shall remember that.
And need I remind you that my name means ´He who is like God´? Eat that!
Anyway, I still love you all the same, oh Child who shouldn´t do austerities....