January 23, 2010

Who else is fine!

When east meets west...I have heard lots of stories about it from my Indian friends living in west. It is very interesting and some times very painful to see and face this struggle. So far I have met lot of Indians trying to live inside a bubble , totally ignoring the fact that there is a culture and society exist outside their bubble. But recently I met people trying make peace with the cultural conflict, just by repeating " I am fine.." ... Reminded me so much of Ross.. Where do I stand?? I feel so much westernized in the presence of an Indian and too 'indian' in the presence of my new European friends, dragged between two different worlds... All I can tell myself is... I am fine! And hope I can supress the expression of annoying "I like to control the life of people I like" Indian gene very soon !

No comments: