October 27, 2006

At my Second Home...

Yeah! Today I arrived in India…sorry Italy…actually… I don’t see much difference between India and Naples. Crazy traffic…dirty streets…. wonderful food…smiling people…also lots of thefts and cheats on the street, I feel at home… From the airport I directly took an taxi to go to my lab, the taxi driver started friendly conversation and start to show me around, people were surprised that I arrived saftly just by paying 22 euros usually the taxi meters from airport to my lab show from 18 to 50 euros it seems…just as flexible as Indian auto rickshaws. If you are wondering which lab I am talking about... FYI …my boss Chris have two labs one in Paris and one in Naples. Naples lab is located in a lovely beach facing the sea. In one of the oldest marine biology institute. Its in the marine biology lab…so, this is my new cute little friend in the lab…people in the lab call her valentine but for me he is the little ‘Squirt’ as in finding Nemo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey uma , nice turtle !! i will wholeheartedly agree with you that italy gives you a feel of being in india . this happened to me in rome , all the ruins around you , and dirty alleys and hindi speaking pepole around you will not let you home sick , but it was great . it is home away from home . so enjoy your trip , eager to see your latest collection of pictures . ciao . love manisha