November 23, 2008

Memento!

"I have to believe in a world outside my own mind.
I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can’t remember them.
I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world is still there.
Do I believe the world is still there? Is it still out there? Yeah!
We all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we are. I’m no different.
Now, where was I?"
-Memento


I felt I got an answer for a question which was bothering me for a while; I felt I got an answer from the movie memento. The above finishing lines of the movie were enlightening!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thatz nice one. American beauty lines has been for mine fav...

I saw this movie recently after watching ghajini(tamil). althou i like the tamil version Memento is far better.

Uma Maheswari said...

I saw Tamil one and got very disappointed! I feel the message Memento try to convey is not seen in Tamil version! The one of the message behind this movie, “Just accumulation of facts and try to make decisions (memory) according to our own convenience! And when ever our facts list contradicts with that our friend, we end up having conflicts! I feel this movie is a beautiful summary of the life that we are living, and the process we call learning, memory etc.