February 05, 2007

Nothing is what it seems...

Guys...Now that I am writing this blog for more than an year..you should be knowing that time to time, I get obsessed to some movies, which make an impact on me..Now on this list is the Oscar nominated movie "The Illusionist" . After writing my previous blog "a myth; it is not a reality" ..blah..blah..blah...This movie, came as an another step to make me understand ??? few more things, the impact of this movie was more similar to the impact of the movie "Matrix" . Most of the ancient Indian Philosophy(religions) say that this world, and every thing that we see,do,think is an illusion(Maya) and the only reality is to comprehend the illusion as illusion, without getting entangled in it. This movie, beautifully explains our status in this world using three main characters,the prince who is a victim of illusion, the cop, who is try to understand the "reality" of the illusion and finally my favourite character "The illusionist", a man of few words, the creator of illusion and hence completely comprehends the illusion. The recent emotional trauma which I was facing made me feel like the prince, who suffers as being a victim of the illusion, I was trying to name and talk about, explain the illusion, without comprehending it as an illusion. I wish I can understand the illusion and become a girl of few words...whats the point in bullshitting about the illusion again..again..and again...Uma..and a girl of few words....Hmm! thats a looooooong way! anyways...I am just bitten by the philosophy bug in this new year.....

No comments: